Our Family

Our Family
Baby Levi

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crazy Thursday!

Well, I didn't plan on updating this blog until tomorrow; however, Levi had other plans. This afternoon around 2 p.m. I began having pretty intense contractions. At 3 p.m. I called into the clinic and was told that I should come in. We arrived at the hospital a little after 4:30. My contractions were coming about every 3 minutes apart. They gave me a shot of medication which was suppose to relax the uterus but after 40 minutes it had not done its job. I was then given a a drug cocktail... another shot, a pill and a muscle relaxer. Finally my contractions began to alleviate. Around 7:30 I was discharged from the hospital.

I will continue to take a drug by mouth to reduce the likelihood of contractions. The good news is that so far the contractions have not seem to progress anything (no softening or dilation). Also, while in the hospital I was given a test which is suppose to indicate the likelihood that I was headed into preterm labor. It came back negative which means that I should not be going into labor anytime in the next week.

Tomorrow I will be having my regularly scheduled ultrasound. Then later in the afternoon I will be meeting with my OB. I will post again after that appointment!

3 comments:

  1. While I am super excited to meet Levi, glad he chose to stay in a little longer! Praying you will all get a good night's rest and good doctor appointments tomorrow. Love you all!

    Mom Norton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Sarah, I am praying ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful all is well and that little Levi can "cook" a bit longer now (-: Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete