Our Family

Our Family
Baby Levi

Thursday, February 3, 2011


Hi Everyone,

God is GOOD. I am sitting writing this post from my hotel room in Cincinnati. I was released from the hospital today around 3:30 p.m. Today was a long day of waiting, but in the waiting God is teaching me to sit with Him and appreciate the gift of stillness (those who know me well will know that stillness and rest is not a natural part of who I am).

 After a restful evening sleep, I woke up this morning praying that I would be able to go home and that we would receive a good report from the doctors. I was seen by a resident doctor around 6:30 a.m. and was told that the first step of my day would be an ultrasound to check and make sure all blood flow between the two babies was still stopped. The ultrasound took place around 10:30 a.m. and it was WONDERFUL news. There was no evidence that blood flow had returned. While we are not completely out of the woods yet (the surgeon explained that sometimes blood flow can return several days or weeks after the procedure) this ultrasound was a relief. The next step of the day was to put Levi on the heart monitor for 30-40 minutes. . He did great and his HEART rate looked good. Finally I waited for the official word that I could go back to the hotel and that came a little before 3 p.m.

My discharge includes bed rest for the next several weeks so my FABULOUS mom has agreed  to stay at our home for a little while longer to help with Naomi and I am trying my best to have a good attitude and to rest. I have contacted my MN doctors and will have an ultrasound on Monday and an Echo on our healthy baby either next week or the week after. Tomorrow I will be calling my OB since I had to cancel an appointment with her due to our trip. No one worry, I am still going to be seeing DR.'s plenty regularly. Drew and I have joked that by the end of this pregnancy I should be able to receive my ultrasound tech degree since I have begun to learn how to read them :)

 Tomorrow we hope to begin our journey home. We have to stop at the hospital in the a.m. and drop off a specimen sample that I needed to finish collecting (this was due to a high blood pressure reading last evening). Our idea is that we will stop at the hospital around 9 a.m.and then go to the zoo (as long as I can get a wheel chair) for a little while before starting out towards the Chicago area. We are hoping to stay somewhere near the north side of Chicago tomorrow night (hopefully drive about 6 hours so that we are 1/2 way home). Please pray for safe travels and good weather.

We appreciate so much your prayers and support. We have truly felt lifted up during this time and have seen God's hand numerous times along the way. We cannot wait (well we can wait until he is due) to have you meet Levi. We believe God has plans for this child!


  1. Praise the Lord! What a wonderful God we serve. We are so glad to hear the great news. We will pray for safe travel. We will continue to pray for Levi's continued growth and good reports. We will pray for your family. So glad your mom can stay and help out for a while. Make sure you take advantage of it and get the rest you need. Love, Mary & Paul

  2. Hurray!! We are praising God with you, & are so very excited to meet Levi (although, I know that must wait)! Love you all lots!
    Jessica & Gabe
    & all our kiddos who are THRILLED to know their baby boy cousin's name! :)

  3. Can't wait to have you home! Andrew told me today he's ready for you to come home so he can play with "Nomi" :). Love you!

  4. God is good ALL the time!

  5. Thank the Lord!!! Travel safely!


  6. Sarah!!!
    I already did this once but it apparently didn't show up anywhere - so here goes - I LOVE THE NAME YOU PICKED!!!!!
    and the news you have to share.