Our Family

Our Family
Baby Levi

Friday, March 4, 2011

Praying Specifically and Persistently

This past week a staff member from the church we attend asked if there was a specific way the church staff could be praying for us. This question gave me reason to pause. Was there something I was specifically asking God for in regards to Levi? I mean God has already been so gracious... isn't it presumptuous to continue to ask God for specific things?

This week I have been reading in the book of Luke and I came across the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18:1-8. This parable tells of a widow who persistently comes before a judge who does not really care about her plight; however, after her repeated pleas to him he determines to see that she receives justice due to her persistence. Luke 18:1 states that this parable was told by Jesus to His disciples as an example of how they should always pray and never give up! I needed this reminder.

It is not that I have stopped praying for Levi but I had stopped praying for a specific request. When our church contacted us and asked for a specific prayer request I realized that I did have one. I am praying that Levi is born at 37 weeks or later! Or in other words, that Levi will make it to full term in the womb. I want to be like the persistent widow and ask God for this repeatedly every day!

I invite you to join me in praying that Levi stays in the womb until at least 37 weeks. I am currently at 29 weeks, so I am asking for at least 2 more months. At 37 weeks he would no longer be considered premature! Would you join me in persistently praying that God keeps our little man safe and sound in the womb?

No comments:

Post a Comment