Our Family

Our Family
Baby Levi

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Levi - week 31

I am frequently asked "how I am feeling" and I thought I would try to answer that question in a post. For most of this pregnancy I have felt VERY similar to when I was pregnant with Naomi. I have been blessed with very little "morning sickness" in the first trimester. I have maintained a fairly nice level of energy (well this third trimester has been a little slower). I have been able to keep up with my day to day life. I have often answered this inquiry with this response: "Honestly, if it had not been for weekly ultrasounds, I would have never known anything different in this pregnancy." The things that have been more difficult in this pregnancy have been having a toddler (you cannot relax when your body feels like it); heartburn (especially before my procedure and now as Levi gets bigger); and the sense of risk that surrounds this pregnancy. It is often hard not question if a new pain is normal, a new symptom can be ignored or if a contraction should cause alarm. I am constantly reminding myself to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart" (Proverbs 3:5)

I will say this second pregnancy has given me an added respect for my sister-in-laws, Martha Armbruster & Jessica Norton! While I enjoy every kick and movement and while I love Naomi more than words can express, I really cannot imagine doing this more than twice!

God continues to give little blessings along the way. This past week my perinatal doctor, Jessica Nyholm, called to let me know that my full amniocentesis test results were back. Levi's chromosomes are perfect! We really never felt concern, but it is always nice to receive confirmation. One thing we were curious about was the potential hole that Levi may have in his heart. It was possible that this could be caused by a chromosomal defect, but we now know that is not the case. If he does have a hole in his heart it will be the result of some other abnormality!

Next week we hit another milestone! Once a baby reaches 32 weeks their chance of survival outside of the womb is 95% (at 34 weeks it basically becomes indistinguishable from that of a full term baby)! This boy has an amazing story already.

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you are doing so well. Can't wait to read the rest of his story.

    ReplyDelete